Perhaps you are like me and are not the best cook. However, I have recently become quite efficient at making my meals in the toaster. If all you cook in your toaster is toast then you have not been using the device to its full potential. You can cook every meal from breakfast, lunch and dinner in your toaster. Don’t believe me? No worries I’ll prove it to you below. If you don’t have a toaster yet be sure to check out our favorite retro toasters that we have personally tested for you. We have the perfect toaster to fit any budget whether that is big or small.
Toaster Recipes You Probably Didn’t Know You Can Make
Breakfast Toaster Recipes
Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day so it should come as no surprise that many of my top meals will be ones for the morning. Pretty much everyone I know loves pizza and having pizza for breakfast is simply awesome. That is why this custom breakfast pizza is at the top of my list.
- Breakfast Pizza – Bring a nice twist to breakfast by combining pizza sauce, cheese, eggs and slap it on top of a whole wheat English muffin or bagel. The toaster can prepare the bagel for you or you can use a toaster oven to prepare it all. This meal can provide you with the fiber and protein you need to get your day off to a great start.
- Baked Eggs – Continuing with the egg theme your next selection is baked eggs. I guess officially these would be considered hard boiled eggs but we are creating them without the water and using the toaster oven to do it. Simply place the eggs with the shells on in your toaster oven and bake them for 15 minutes. I prefer to eat my hard boiled eggs with a cup of diced fruit.
- Toasted Apples With Greek Yogurt – The name pretty much says it all with this one. I simply cut up an apple, sprinkle a bit of cinnamon on it and bake it in the toaster. Once it is complete I throw them in a cup of vanilla Greek yogurt for a tasty protein packed meal.
Toaster Recipes for Lunch and Dinner
I’ll just combine this section together because you can use these for either meal, whether that be lunch or dinner. The good news is that all of these meals can be prepared in less than 15 minutes.
- Quesadillas – This has got to be one of the easiest and fastest meals you can prepare in your toaster oven. Quesadillas make a great snack or you can put chicken in them and make it a full meal. If you want to make a bit healthier choice you can select wheat tortillas instead of the flour.
- Zucchini and Squash Mini Bites – This will more than likely be a unique toaster recipe for you. Head over to your local grocery store and pick up a few pita pockets. Spread on a generous layer of pesto sauce and place the zucchini and squash slices on top of one another. Place the pita in the toaster and bake it. The vegetables here will make for a fairly healthy meal.
- Tuna Melts – I have prepared my tuna melts with both pitas and on top of bagels. I like to mix it up every now and then. Instead of mayo I substitute low fat Miracle Whip and I use reduced fat cheeses. Doing this will help keep this as a healthy option.
- Lasagna – Ok, I bet you didn’t see this one coming. This is one of my favorites and a meal I often have for dinner. It is not your average lasagna though. Instead of using the typical flat noodles I replace them with thin wheat baguettes that I place in my retro toaster. I put three different types of cheese on them along with garlic seasoning, pesto and zucchini. 6 minutes in the toaster oven will bring the cheese and sauce to perfection.
These are just a few of the many toaster recipes I use on a daily basis. There are hundreds more you can find online or at your local bookstore. You may have to think outside the box a bit but I recommend you practice a lot and get good at using your toaster oven. You will be glad that you did. The sheer number of quick and delicious meals you can prepare is really impressive.